1 kg fish fillet, cut into serving pieces
4 tofu cakes (tokwa), cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
2 medium size onion, chopped
2 pieces red and green bell pepper, cut into wedges
1/2 – 1 cup salted beans (tausi)
1 small size carrot, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced crosswise
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch, diluted in 1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Dust fish cube with salt and pepper, marinade for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, put flour, and dip each fish to coat.
3. In a skillet, deep fry fish in batches for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, set aside.
4. Now, deep fry tofu for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown, set aside.
5. In a wok, sauté garlic and onions, add in tausi (salted beans), and stir cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. After simmering, add in the vegetables, sugar, hoisin and oyster sauce, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Thickened sauce with cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water.
9, Add in fish and tofu and stir cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce is infused to the fish and tofu. 10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!