I was watching the “Good Morning Show” last week, and I saw Ms. Delaney Mes, making this very yummy cake. I got very interested and got tuned in for awhile. Delaney Mes is a TV presenter in the said show. She is a lawyer (a very pretty one), who loves to cook good food. I thought of featuring her recipe here on my blog, so I asked her permission if I could. And because of her kindness, I am able to share with you this very delish cake, perfect for afternoon tea in the garden with family or friends. I am sure you’re gonna love it! Don’t forget to check out Ms. Delaney Mes’ blog at:
Thank you Delaney! 🙂
200g white sugar
1.5tsp baking powder
150g white flour
pinch of salt
50g ground almonds
220g natural yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 180*C
2. If using fresh plums, cut in half and remove stones. Sprinkle with a little sugar. If using canned plums, drain in a sieve and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift the dry ingredients. Add yoghurt and almonds. Mix well and put mixture in the tin.
5. Press plums cut side up into the top of the cake mixture. Sprinkle over a little raw sugar if you’re using tinned plums.
6. Bake for one hour, and then when you take it out of the oven, leave to cool in the tin.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Heartbreak Pie