Lumpiang Shanghai are great for parties!!! It is a type of egg roll that has meat filling as the main ingredient. The filling can be pork, beef and even fish (tuna is best).
I remember when I was a kid, I love watching my mom do this, and eventually, helped her when I was a bit older. And because of years of practice, I think I have mastered this dish in terms of taste and in rolling the wrapper perfectly, all of the same length.
We usually serve it with rice, and it’s great with spaghetti or pansit. It can also be eaten as a finger food.
500 g. of ground pork (with a good amount of fat)
1 large onion, minced
3-5cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium-sized carrot, minced
salt and pepperto taste
20 spring roll wrappers, separated
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the wrappers, to make the filling.
2. Lay out one wrapper at a time on a dry and flat surface. Place 2 tablespoons of filling into the wrapper, then fold the sides and roll. Make sure you don’t put too much filling, so the meat will be cooked evenly.
3. Heat oil in a pan, or you can use deep-fryer, deep fry the spring rolls in a medium heat. Do not overcrowd them.
4. Lumpia is cooked when the wrapper turns brown.
5. Serve with dipping sauce; sweet and sour sauce, sweet chili sauce, thousand island, and tomato or banana ketchup
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
11 responses to “Lumpiang Shanghai (Spring Rolls)”
Your spring rolls look and sound so good, look forward to trying your recipe, thanks for sharing.
I love spring rolls and yours look fantastic! Family recipes are always the best!
lovely blog you have here ! very well presented :)please visit n follow my blog if you wish to @ http://kitchensojourn.blogspot.com 🙂
Hello,We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com. We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,enjoy your recipes. Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already membersand benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com. To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on \”Add your site\” Best regards, Vincentpetitchef.com
Medifast Meals, Thank you so much! Let me know how it goes… 🙂
Katerina, thank you dear! I think family gatherings and celebrations from the past, helped me a lot in perfecting the rolling part, LOL!
Aisha, your blog is lovely too!!! Can't wait to try out one of your recipes. Hope you could follow me back. Thanks for dropping by.
Vincent, I'll try that out. Thanks!!!
This looks just plain yummy! ~Liz http://www.eatallthethings.com
Liz, thanks! 🙂
Love these – yum!