1 Pata (front or hind legs of a pig)
2 tbsp of patis (fish sauce)
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp flour
oil for frying
water for boiling
3/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1. Wash the pork pata. Remove all the hair by scraping it with a knife then wash thoroughly.
2. Make four to five cuts on the sides of the pata.
3. On a deep stock pot, put pata, enough water (enough to cover the pata), soda, and salt.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes, then add the baking soda and continue to simmer for 10 minutes more.
5. Remove the pata from the pot and hang and allow to drip dry for 24 hours. Alternatively, you can drain the pork pata and refrigerate for a few hours.
6. When it’s dry, rub patis and flour.
7. In a deep frying pot, heat cooking oil, and fry the pork pata until golden brown.
Crispy Pata Dip Sauce:
Basically mix all the ingredients: 3/4 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 head of diced onion and chilis. Salt and pepper to taste.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Filipino Food Recipes