1.5 kg corned beef silverside
2 tbsp sugar or golden syrup
1/2 cup vinegar
8 cloves of garlic
2-3 bay leaves
1 tbsp margarine
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp plain flour
3/4 cup milk
broth/liquid from the pot
1. Wash the meat and place in a large saucepan and fill with water, just enough to cover the meat. Add in sugar or golden syrup, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, onion and bay leaves.
2. Bring to to the boil. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
3. Once cooked, take the meat out of the saucepan. Scrape off any fat while it’s still hot. Let it still and cool, then refrigerate if you’re using if later.
To make the sauce:
1. Melt the margarine and add the flour to make a thick paste.
2. Stir in the mustard and then keep adding milk until you reach the right consistency.
3. Add some broth if needed.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: All Recipes
One response to “Irish Corned Beef”
Adding broth will make the beef taste much better.