25 grams butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra for greasing
225 grams strong white flour
1/2 tsp salt
7 grams easy blend dried yeast
1 egg lightly beaten
125 ml lukewarm milk
2 tbsp maple syrup, for glazing
55 grams butter, softened
2 tsp ground cinnamon
50 grams soft light brown sugar
50 grams raisins
1. Grease a baking sheet and a bowl. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and stir in the yeast.
2. Rub in the chopped butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and milk and mix to form a dough.
3. Form the dough into a ball, place in the greased bowl, cover and leave to stand in a warm place for about 40 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
4. Punch down the dough litghlty, for 1 minute, then roll out to a rectangle measuring 30x23cm/12x9in.
5. For the filling, cream together the softened butter, cinnamon and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Spread the filling over the dough, leaving a 2-5cm/1in border. Sprinkle the raisins evenly over the top. Roll up the dough from one of the long edges and press down to seal.
7. Preheat the oven to 190C. Cut the roll into 12 slices and place them, cut side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the swirls are well risen.
9. Brush with maple syrup and leave to cool slightly before serving.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: The Photo Cookbook