2 kg. fresh mussels in shell
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp. black peppercorn
210 g. sweet chili stir fry sauce
1/2 cup strained cooking liquid
egg noodles or spaghetti for 4
2 tbsp. chopped coriander
1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted peanuts
1. Discard mussels that are open.
2. Scrub mussels well and remove the beard.
3. Put the wine, water, ginger and peppercorns into a large saucepan and bring to the boil
4. Add the mussels all at once, cover and cook over high heat for 4-5 minutes or until the shells open. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Strain off and reserve the 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
5. Put the sweet chili stir fry sauce and the strained cooking liquid into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
6. Cook the egg noodles or spaghetti according to the directions on the packet. Drain and divide among 4 bowls. Place the mussels on top of each bowl, pour over the sweet chili sauce and garnish with fresh coriander and peanuts.
* This is the original recipe. But in my case, I used cooked rice instead of egg noodles or spaghetti. It all depends on you. Unfortunately, my fresh coriander plant died so I don’t have anything to put to garnish my dish.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!