2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
pinch cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. cornflour
1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup whipped cream
410 g can peach slices in clear fruit juice
passionfruit pulp (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and draw a 20 cm circle on the baking tray to use as a guide.
2. Put egg whites, caster sugar, cream of tartar, vanilla essence, white vinegar and cornflour in a large bowl and beat on a low speed for 2 minutes. Increase the speed to a maximum and add the boiling water slowly while beating for approximately 10 minutes, until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
3. Spoon the pavlova mixture inside the circle made on the baking paper and gently smooth the top.
4. Place in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 120C. Cook for 60 minutes. When 60 minutes are up, leave the pavlova in the oven with the oven door ajar until the pavlova has cooled.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with whipped cream and peach slices.
Share it with family and friends!!!