These individual cupcakes are very easy to make. My 6 year old daughter bake it when she got home after school. She said she wanted to cook something, so I grabbed that opportunity for her to explore the kitchen. With a little help from Mommy, Kiara made these lovely cupcakes and finished it with pink icing on top.
For the cupcake:
125 g butter
125 g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
125 g self-raising flour
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
For the icing:
2 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp strawberry essence
pink food coloring
To Make the Cupcakes:
1. Heat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the paper cases in the muffin pan hollows.
3. Place the butter in a bowl and soften it if it is hard. Add the sugar and vanilla essence and beat together with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until smooth and well combined. This is called “creaming.”
4. Sift the flour into a separate bowl.
5. Break one egg into a cup – if any eggshell falls in remove it. Add the egg to the butter mixture and beat well.
6. Stir in a spoonful of the sifted flour into the butter mixture. Break the second egg into the cup, add the butter mixture and beat well.
7. Add the rest of the flour and fold into the mixture with a metal spoon.
8. Add the milk and stir well.
9. Using 2 tsp, scoop and scrape the mixture evenly into the paper cases.
10. Bake the cupcakes in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes until their tops are golden in color and they spring back when lightly touched.
11. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool for a few minutes, then take them out of the muffin tray and spread them on a wire rack to cool. If you want to ice them, wait until they are completely cool.
To make the Icing:
1. Place icing sugar in a bowl.
2. Stir in milk to form a spreadable icing, adding more milk if necessary.
3. Stir in strawberry essence.
4. Tint icing with food coloring.
5. Spread icing over cakes.
Share it with family and friends!!!