For the cake:
Please see PERFECT CHOCOLATE CAKE recipe in my other post.
For the filling:
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 can cherries
2 tbsp cherry liquor/cherry brandy
For the icing:
500 ml thick whipping cream
2-4 tbsp sugar
1-2 tbsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
bittersweet chocolate shavings
Cake: Follow Perfect Chocolate Cake procedure then allow the cakes to cool.
1. Put the cherries and the water in a saucepan, allow it to boil over low heat.
2. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and cornstarch.
3. Pour it into the saucepan then mix until it thickens. Set aside.
1. Mix heavy cream using the mixer until soft peak.
2. Add sugar and the vanilla.
3. Continue mixing until you reach firm peak but do not over beat it.
To Assemble the Cake:
1. Put whipped cream first then the cherry filling on top of the cake.
2. Put the other cake on top of the other.
3. Cover the cakes with whipped cream.
4. Cover the shaved chocolates around the cake.
5. Using an icing bag, make a nice decoration on top of the cake. Top it with cherries and the remaining shaved chocolate.
Share it with family and friends!!!