1 large fish such as lapu-lapu or tilapia
1 large onion, sliced
1 cup grated unripe papaya
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
1 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon MSG or vetsin
1 cup cooking oil
1. Clean the fish and rub with salt and vetsin.
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the fish until golden brown.
3. Place the fish in a serving dish and set aside.
4. Remove the used oil from the pan and put in about 1 tablespoon of fresh oil.
5. Saute the garlic, ginger, and onion.
6. Add the bell peppers and grated papaya and saute until half-cooked.
7. Put this mixture on top of the fish in the serving dish.
8. Return the pan to the heat and put the vinegar, salt and sugar.
9. Bring to a boil and thicken with the dissolved cornstarch.
10. Pour this sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
Share it with family and friends!!!